The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education
The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cyprus with its Decision, dated 5 November 2015, appointed the members of the Council of the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education, on the basis of the “Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Higher Education and the Establishment and Operation of an Agency on Related Matters Law, of 2015.”
The Agency has assumed the responsibilities of the Council of Educational Evaluation-Accreditation or CEEA, the Advisory Committee on Higher Education or ACTE, and the Evaluation Committee for Private Universities or ECPU.
The new Legislation provides a quality assurance framework for higher education in Cyprus within which, higher education institutions will be driven to enhance quality and develop an internal quality culture.
The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education, is responsible to ensure the quality of Higher Education in Cyprus and to support, through the procedures provided by the relevant legislation for the continuous improvement and upgrading of higher education institutions and their programs of study.
Additional to the responsibilities of the abovementioned bodies, the Agency has, according to the Law, extended competencies amongst which are the following:
- Institutional, Departmental and Programmatic Evaluation and accreditation of higher education
- Quality Assurance in higher education on the basis of the European Standards
- The Evaluation and Accreditation of cross-border forms of education, offered by local institutions in member states or third countries
- Assessment of the conditions for the provision of cross-border education from foreign institutions in Cyprus
- Assessment of inter-institutional cooperation of higher education institutions
- The provision of information of Quality Assurance in higher education
With the cooperation of higher education institutions, the Agency will contribute towards the effort for the establishment of Cyprus as district center of quality higher education, in accordance to the standards and guidelines provided by the European Network for Quality Assurance (ENQA). The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education aspires to join the European Network of Quality Assurance (ENQA) as well as the European Network of Quality Assurance Register (EQAR).
The lists of all recognized institutions of higher education and of the accredited programs of study as well as the results of evaluation, will be published on the Agency’s website.
|Presentation - The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education|